Most of us live a daily battle between keeping our health in balance or falling off plan.
Whether it’s busy days at work, daily commuting, monthly or weekly travel, feeling like a shuttle service for your kids’ school, extracurricular activities, plus all the hidden last minute stressors that pop up through the day, life can be challenging.
Basically each moment can quickly derail your health progress and knock you off plan.
As a health professional, entrepreneur, husband and dad I know first-hand how hard it is to make your health consistently work into a busy world.
Let’s all face it, it’s definitely not easy!
But what I have also learned is that when I prioritize my health everything in my life works better.
I feel better. I have more energy. I sleep deeper. My stress is lower. I’m happier. And most important, I become the best version of the dad, husband and person I want to be.
We all must realize that regardless of the busyness of your life, your Health always needs to remain a priority.
Now I fully understand that when most of us are already maxed out on time capacity, it can seem daunting to add a complete health regime to a full life.
This is exactly why I’m writing this blog, to share with you 5 simple strategies that I use daily at home and on the road.
These strategies will get you winning with your food and fitness at home, on the road, and throughout your busy life for you and your family.
Let’s dive in, starting with Strategy 1…
Strategy 1: Always Eat PFC Every 3
Skipping meals is the fastest way to overeat and store fat. Simply eat every 3 hours with a balance of protein, fat and carbs. This keeps your blood sugar balanced and your energy and metabolism humming.
When eating in restaurants, follow these 3 simple rules:
- Choose your protein first, ex. chicken or fish, then a fat, ex. avocado or balsamic vinaigrette and then a carb, ex. a salad, vegetables and/or some brown rice.
- Ask for all food to be prepared without oil or butter and dressings on the side
- Stick with water as your beverage choice, it’s clean and calorie free
For even more tips, Check out this video on how to Order in Restaurants
Strategy 2: Stock Your MRFK (Mobile Readiness Food Kit)
Eating three structured meals a day is realistic with a busy schedule: breakfast, lunch and dinner. But since your body needs to eat every 3 hours, you definitely need a solution for the tough meal times: mid-morning, mid-afternoon and late night.
This is why your Mobile Readiness Food Kit, aka MRFK, is so important. Get a quality cooler, some nice containers and stock up with your favorite & travel friendly proteins, fats and carbs.
Here are a few examples of my favorite grab and go proteins, fats and carbs and make sure to choose your own favorites:
- Proteins – hard boiled eggs, turkey slices, nitrate free turkey jerky, Zen Fuze
- Carbs – fresh fruits and vegetables (can use dried fruit for travel), Reserve (antioxidant gel pack)
- Fats – nuts, seeds and avocado
- Meal replacements – Zen Fuze, protein bars (ex. Power Crunch, Rise, Kirkland) or meat bars (like Epic Bars)
- Supplements – As I shared in this blog, supplements are used to fill your nutritional gaps and help accelerate your results. Make sure to load your MRFK with your daily supplements based on your goals. A few supplements you may want in your MRFK are Zen Shape (to help burn fat), Zen Prime (to help flush water) and Zen Fit (to help protect and build muscle)
For even more tips, check out this video on Creating your MRFK
Strategy 3: Drink Your Water
Travel, stress and lack of sleep all cause water retention.
I know it sounds strange but the best way to lose your bloat is to drink more water. When your body has an influx of water it triggers the release of excess fluid and toxins.
Men should drink at least 3-4 liters a day and women 2-3 liters. So get some quality water bottles and drink up!
Strategy 4: Steal Your Exercise
60 minute workouts do not exist for me when I travel or when I have an extra busy week.
I live by my 1% motto (daily 1% improvements) and focus on squeezing in 20-30 minute workouts each day. Here are some quick strategies I use:
- I bring my mobile TRX to get quick strength training workouts in my hotel room
- I always have my walking shoes to get some high intensity and fat burning cardio in, after my TRX workout
- Throughout the day I walk everywhere and stand as much as possible while activating my core muscles (abdominals & lower back) to burn extra calories. And I also wear my five fingers shoes to activate even more muscles.
Start thinking of ways you can steal exercise moments during your extra busy days or weeks.
Strategy 5: Roll It Out & Stretch
New beds, cramped airplanes and hours of standing definitely takes a toll on my body. In a perfect world I would have a massage therapist and chiropractor with me all the time, but that’s not a reality. So every night I do 3 simple things to keep my spine aligned and muscles feeling loose so I can be my best.
- I roll it out for 5 minutes on my travel foam roller, a great spine adjuster
- I rub out all my tight muscles with “The Stick” fantastic tool to loosen even the tightest knots
- I stretch for 5-10 minutes with a stretching band or towel to increase my circulation and relax my body
There you have it, 5 simple, realistic and straight forward strategies to win in your busy life.
Your next step is to take these strategies and evolve them to work for you so regardless of your schedule, you will rock your health and achieve your goals.
Are you ready to take your body to the next level and Start Your Health Transformation?
If so, dive into one of our powerful Venice Nutrition programs and choose the one that is best for you and your goals:
Here are the Two Programs for Adults
1) Tone and Shape Your Body by Living Your Body Confidence Plan
Whether you want to lose your last 10-20 pounds, increase lean muscle or take your results to the next level, this path is designed for you. You’ll enhance your education, evolve your plan and get the tools to truly make your plan a way of life forever. Plus you’ll experience our NEW customized & interactive meal planning software that will show you how to master your food plan! Check it out
2) Lose 20 pounds or More by Making Your 8 Week Run
Your 8-Week Plan to Lose Your Bloat, Melt Your Belly and Live Your Life! Designed for the busy person ready to take action, permanently lose weight and fed up with the frustration of dieting. Check it out
Here’s our NEW Program for Kid & Teenage Athletes (it also works great for ALL kids!)
Watch this video from Go-To CNN Health Expert, Sports Nutritionist & NY Times Best Selling Nutrition Author, Mark Macdonald and see how he feeds his kid athlete and thousands of the top level athletes he’s personally coached through the years. Check it out