I think we can all admit that mornings are tough and getting a clean, high quality and tasty breakfast is not the easiest thing. Well here’s a Detox, Ignite and Thrive recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make, set’s you up to win in the morning and is right from our new book, Why Kids Make You Fat …and How To Get Your Body Back.
Spicy Fiesta Egg Scramble with Avocado and Cilantro
Detox Phase Approved / Ignite Phase Approved / Thrive Phase Approved
Grab ‘n Go
Add some life to your eggs in only ten minutes with this simple, vibrant dish. Try chopping veggies in bulk for the week for quick grab ’n’ go meals like this one.
Makes 1 serving
Serving size: 1 scramble
Calories per serving: 200
Protein per serving: 16 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 18.5 grams
Fat per serving: 8 grams
- Fat- free cooking spray
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper (red, yellow, orange, green, or combo)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ⅓ small jalapeño, finely chopped (or more depending on desired heat)
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1½ ounces avocado, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- ½ orange (for garnish)
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium- high heat. Coat pan with fat- free cooking spray.
- Sauté bell peppers, onion, jalapeño, and half the tomatoes for 3 minutes. Season with desired amount
- Push veggies to the side of the pan and add egg whites.
- Cook until scrambled, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top eggs and veggies with remaining tomatoes, avocado, and plenty of fresh cilantro. Add a squeeze of
fresh orange juice over the top.
What Is the Balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.