The summer parties are in full swing! And we all know that means carb-loaded appetizers to munch on until the barbecue is lit and the burgers are cooked. Instead of spiking your blood sugar and storing fat before the real party even begins, get your balance on with these delicious chicken nachos. They provide the full nacho experience while also balancing your blood sugar. The best of both worlds!
Chicken Nachos Over Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
Ignite, and Thrive Phases Approved
Grab ‘n’ Go
This lean take on nachos takes only minutes to make if you have sweet potato chips prepared ahead of time for the week. Simply cut sweet potatoes in thin, even slices, coat lightly with fat- free cooking spray, season with Mrs. Dash seasoning of your choice, and bake at 450˚F until crispy, about 20–30 minutes. Just keep an eye on the potatoes while they cook, as they tend to burn.
Makes: 1 Serving
Serving size: 1 Plate
Calories per serving: 216
Protein per serving: 19.5 grams
Fat per serving: 6 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 18.5 grams
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded
- Favorite Mrs. Dash seasoning
- Large handful homemade sweet potato chips (recipe above)
- 1 ounce chopped tomatoes
- ½ ounce sugar-free salsa
- 1 ounce avocado, chopped
Method of Preparation:
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with desired amount of Mrs. Dash seasoning. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Arrange sweet potato chips on a plate.
- Place seasoned, shredded chicken on top. Add tomatoes, salsa, and chopped avocado. Add a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash seasoning on top if desired.
- Heat entire plate in the microwave for about 45 seconds to warm it up. Enjoy!
What is the nutritional balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Keeping food fresh and tasty is how you prevent boredom, which is exactly why there are:
- 50 Detox, Ignite and Thrive Phase Recipes in our best selling book designed perfectly to fit into your busy world. The recipes fall into two groups:
- Grab n’ Go – 10 minutes or less
- Gourmet Style – 30 minutes or less