Breakfast is one of the most challenging meals to keep fresh and interesting. Here’s a simple, healthy and tasty twist on egg salad.
Here’s the recipe:
Egg White Salad with Pesto
Created by Cassandra Ballon Christie
Detox, Ignite, Thrive Phase and Body Confidence Approved
Grab ‘n Go
Watch plain old egg whites get a fun makeover with basil pesto. Make sure to hard boil eggs in bulky for easy grab ‘n’ go meals like this one all week long. And then use the pesto to dress up chicken, fish, or your favorite salad.
Makes: 1 Serving
Serving size: 1 Salad
Calories per serving: 156
Protein per serving: 21 grams
Fat per serving: 8 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 5 grams
For the Pesto
- 1 bunch basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 large cloves garlic
- Juice from 2 large lemons
For the Egg Salad:
- 3 hard-boiled egg whites cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 ounce diced celery
- 1 ounce diced white onion
- 1 ounce diced tomato
Method of Preparation:
- Combine all pesto ingredients in a food process and pulse until creamy.
- Combine all egg salad ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add 1½ tablespoons of pesto to egg salad and toss gently.
What is the nutritional balance?
To balance the meal, simply add a small side of fruit or vegetables. This will provide a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience:
- Tons of New Recipes
- Interactive Guides to all Three Phases
- Coaching Videos by Mark Macdonald taking you through the plan step by step
- and so much more…
Price: $147 $97.00 $50 Savings