Quality breakfast options don’t have to be difficult to prepare. Here’s an Ignite & Thrive phase approved recipe that brings the power of protein to your oatmeal!
Protein Power Oatmeal
Ignite, and Thrive Phases Approved
Grab ‘n Go
If you’re short on time in the morning and in need of a fast breakfast, Protein Power Oatmeal is the perfect choice. Warm, creamy oats are combined with chocolate or vanilla protein powder and natural nut butter for a quick and tasty meal. For a change of pace, swap in nuts, peanut butter, or ground flaxseeds for the almond butter.
Makes: 1 Serving
Serving size: 1 Bowl
Calories per serving: 246
Protein per serving: 25 grams
Fat per serving: 7 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 18 grams
- ¾ ounce instant oatmeal, dry, unsweetened
- 1–1½ scoops protein powder, vanilla or chocolate flavored
- ½ tablespoon natural almond butter or natural peanut butter
Method of Preparation:
- Stir oats and water (for correct amount of water, see oatmeal package) in a bowl, and microwave on high according to package directions.
- Very slowly, stir in desired amount of protein powder a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Quick note: Because protein powders vary in sweetness, you may choose to only use half of your recommended protein powder in your oatmeal. If so, please mix your
remaining protein powder with water and drink on the side to ensure you are getting your recommended intake of protein.
- Add natural almond butter or peanut butter and mix well.
What is the nutritional balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience for tons of new recipes at your fingertips!