It’s so exciting that we’re 8 days away until the launch of our new book, Why Kids Make You Fat and How To Get Your Body Back, Your 8 Week Plan to Lose Your Bloat, Melt Your Belly and Drop up to 30 pounds.
Throughout this week I’ll be sharing with you the insider view into the book. Let’s start with this exclusive spicy turkey chili recipe right from the book and made by Venice Nutrition chef Valerie Cogswell.
The fact is loving your food is the #1 way to stay on plan which is exactly why the book has 50 NEW Detox, Ignite and Thrive phase recipes. And since we’re all busy, but also like to have sit down meals, the recipes are designed in two ways to fit perfectly into your life:
- Grab n’ Go – 10 minutes or less
- Gourmet Style – 30 minutes or less
Order your copy today:[sc:buywkmyf-buttons]
Spicy Turkey and Black Bean Chili
Ignite Phase Approved (if you omit sour cream) / Thrive Phase Approved
Grab n’ Go (if turkey chili is made already) / Gourmet Style
This rich and spicy chili recipe is easy to make and great for family lunches or dinners and grab ’n’ go meals all week long. Fresh toppings like sour cream, cilantro, and diced red onion add texture and flavor. Try doubling the ingredients for plenty of extra meals throughout the week. To increase the heat, add more cayenne pepper or jalapeño.
Makes 7 servings
Serving size: 1 heaping cup
Calories per serving: 258
Protein per serving: 20 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 25 grams
Fat per serving: 7 grams
- Fat-free cooking spray
- 1 (20-ounce) package 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, plus extra if necessary
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (Cento brand petite diced are good)
- 1 (20-ounce) can black beans
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red onion or bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- Spray a pot with fat- free cooking spray and place over medium- high heat.
- Once hot, add ground turkey and break up meat with spatula.
- Add cumin, thyme, salt, cayenne, and paprika and cook until turkey is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Once turkey is cooked, use a slotted spoon to remove it to a bowl (keeping as much fat as possible in the pot) and set aside.
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers to the pot and sauté for approximately 3 minutes.
- Season gently with a pinch of salt.
- Add jalapeño and garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add turkey to the vegetables in the pot and stir well.
- Add tomatoes and beans and simmer, covered, over low heat for about 15 minutes (or more if you have the time) until thickened.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream per serving and some red onions and cilantro.
What Is the Balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Now if you’re ready for more tasty recipes as you make your 8 Week Run and live your plan, simply pre-order our new book, Why Kids Make You Fat and How To Get Your Body Back. To help you get started now, with your pre-order, you’ll receive 4 bonus recipes featured in Why Kids Make You Fat, as well as my free e-book and 11 exclusive coaching videos to immediately optimize your results and walk you step-by-step through the plan. Simply pre-order the book here and forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll receive an email with your free gifts and exclusive coaching content.
Plus if you have a friend that’s ready to permanently lose weight and reprogram their metabolism, please share this blog post with them.