If you’re in the mood for Mexican cuisine, you’ll love these Spicy Chicken Enchiladas. They’re packed with lean, muscle-building chicken, sautéed veggies and stuffed in high fiber whole grain tortillas. Getting store bought re-fried fat free beans and pre-made enchilada sauce is a flavorful time saver, and adding salsa, chopped tomatoes or scallions makes a perfect garnish.
Let the games begin!
Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Created by VN Chef Valerie Cogswell
Thrive Phase and Body Confidence Approved
Amazing enchiladas that are great on the waistline! Not only that, leftovers taste great and turn this recipe into “Grab n Go”.
Makes: 12 Servings
Serving size: 1 Enchilada
Calories per serving: 287
Protein per serving: 22 grams
Fat per serving: 6 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 26 grams
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
- fat free cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ small can diced jalapenos in water (in the international food aisle at any grocery store)
- 12 whole wheat, low fat, low carbohydrate tortillas
- 1 can (12 oz.) fat free refried beans
- 1 can (12 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup low fat shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
Method of Preparation:
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Coat generously with cooking spray. Saute chicken over until no longer pink.
Meanwhile sauté the tomato, green pepper and jalapenos in separate medium size sauté pan over medium heat for approximately 7 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Combine the chicken and veggie mixture and set aside in a bowl.
- Spread whole wheat tortilla wrap with 2 tbsp. refried beans and a scoop of the chicken and vegetable mixture. Roll filled tortilla into a tube. Line filled tortilla wraps in glass dish or cookie sheet.
- Top with enchilada sauce and low fat cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes. Top with garnishes such as chopped tomatoes or scallions, if desired. Enjoy.
What is the nutritional balance?
These enchiladas have a great balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience:
- Tons of New Recipes
- Interactive Guides to all Three Phases
- Coaching Videos by Mark Macdonald taking you through the plan step by step
- and so much more…
Price: $147 $97.00 $50 Savings
Want a fully customized program and interactive meal planning software based on your favorite foods and goals? If so, get your started with your Body Confidence Plan…