Tuna anyone? Tuna is an awesome grab n’ go protein option to balance any meal. It’s also is a great addition to gourmet style recipes, like this delicious Tuna with Quinoa, Red Peppers and Basil recipe. Fantastic sit down meal with the family and perfect for grab ‘n’ go left overs the next day. Have a Tuna adventure this weekend!
Tuna with Quinoa, Red Peppers, and Basil
Created by Cassandra Ballon Christie
Ignite, Thrive Phase and Body Confidence Approved
This is an ideal family meal, or you can portion out single servings. To make your own roasted red peppers, lightly brush red bell peppers with olive oil and grill or sauté until softened.
Makes: 5 Servings
Serving size: 4 ounces shrimp plus 1 cup quinoa/veggies
Calories per serving: 292
Protein per serving: 22.5 grams
Fat per serving: 5.5 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 26 grams
For the Quinoa
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers
- ¾ cup diced scallions
For the Tuna:
- 4 cans tuna in water, drained well
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
Method of Preparation:
- Combine ingredients for the quinoa.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for the tuna.
- Mix contents from both bowls together and toss well.
- Divide onto 4 plates.
What is the nutritional balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience:
- Tons of New Recipes
- Interactive Guides to all Three Phases
- Coaching Videos by Mark Macdonald taking you through the plan step by step
- and so much more…
Price: $147 $97.00 $50 Savings