Powerfully starting your food plan off in the morning is key to consistently achieving your health goals. Unfortunately the biggest challenge many of our clients have is finding quality breakfast meal options to avoid the dreaded food boredom bug. Well your solution is here, simply take your favorite breakfast foods and get creative. And to help your get started, here’s an Ignite & Thrive phase approved recipe that puts an entirely new twist on eggs & muffins and keeps your blood sugar balanced too!
Veggies and Eggs in a Sweet Potato Muffin
Ignite, and Thrive Phases Approved
These make very tasty muffins for breakfast, brunch, or any meal.
Makes: 4 Servings
Serving size: 3 muffins
Calories per serving: 182
Protein per serving: 12 grams
Fat per serving: 8 grams
Carbohydrates per serving: 14 grams
- 6 ounces shredded sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces shredded carrots (matchstick carrots work best)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (divided)
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Fat-free cooking spray
- 4 ounces of favorite veggies (such as broccoli, onions, and red pepper), chopped
- Ground cumin to taste
- Ground paprika to taste
- 12 ounces egg whites
- 3 eggs
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Mix shredded sweet potatoes, carrots, olive oil, half of the garlic, and the oregano and basil together.
- Spray muffin tins generously.
- Pour sweet potato mixture evenly into muffin tin, and press it down and on the sides.
- Bake until edges are brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, spray a pan with fat-free cooking spray and sauté veggies of your choice with the remaining garlic, and the cumin and paprika.
- Once sweet potato muffins are crispy around the edges, scoop even amounts of sautéed veggies into each cup.
- Mix egg whites and eggs together, and pour equal amounts over veggies in each cup.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
What is the nutritional balance?
This recipe has a great balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Want more tasty recipes?
Dive into our new 8 Week Run Digital Coaching Experience for tons of new recipes at your fingertips!